Sunday, March 18, 2012

Nusa Dua, Bali - Indonesia

"I figure if I want things to happen, I must make it happen." - Me

After much persuasion, yay we're going to Bali.
I will try my very best to provide information & experience throughout my trip this time.
It's pretty exciting plus fun cause it's my first time there & of course, march is my fav month (mom & my birthday!)


Bali Trip - Day 1


Flying with Airasia for the first time, I must say I'm pretty impressed with them.
No delays, terminal 1 & the food is cheaper than jetstar. (Great!)
& so we arrived at the airport earlier due to turbulence.



Received a shock at the airport.
Apparently, the airport has no aircon (once you are at the exit even the departure area seemed so hot) & looked like our neighbourhood shelter area.
Managed to get a cab to our hotel at RP95,000.

Along the way, it's rather a smooth way towards Nusa Dua where all the huge hotel chains are located.
On the contrary, the opposite route was suffering from a terrible jam (Note: 1 way route towards everywhere else - Kuta, Ubud, Denpasar etc)


& YAY, we arrived at Courtyard by Marriott.
According to my google bff, it's the 900th Marriott hotel & the first in Bali.
Next to Novotel if you need a better direction after all, it's opened for a year only.
Everything is new & not all travel books featured it (I checked!)



While waiting for check-in, was complaining to mom how thirsty I was
& voila, my welcome drink ^^Got upgraded to a poolside terrace
So here's the room:

To note: Pool opens from 8am to 9pm daily.
Never attempt to wake up at 6am, to find a way to swim (like me)
Pool is at 1.4m depth
& do swim at evening time as there will be live music from the little pool side bar (Yes, I attempted to listen to hey soul sister while swimming)



Check out the high-tech lift which I liked :



& I started roaming around while my brother lazed around


Lvl 2 towards spa to check out
Exterior


& We decided it's time for dinner.
Being a lazy brother, he brought us to Bali Collection (shopping mall)
There's a shuttle bus that picked us up but it's windowless
Pretty cool for me haha
They will drop you off at Lobby B and the pickup service is at Lobby C


Looked around and there's like starbucks, sogo, local souvenir stores & restaurants
We ate at Mai Mai.
Just to share I spotted a squirrel, a frog at Bali Collection LOL


We tried different dishes like the minced duck, fried chicken and grilled chicken in balinese style.
Liked the duck one best because I ordered that HAHA
The billed turned out about S$10/person & we ordered drinks.


After that, we visited the local mart (my fav activity of all times!)


Leaving Bali Collection:
Back in hotel to attempt to swim but it's too dark and late.
So I decided to spend some time investigating the fruit basket given.
Spotted the scaly fruit and peeled it which turned out to be average.


PS There's a security for you to clear everytime you entered Courtyard by Marriott.

Alright about there then!

No comments:

Post a Comment