Friday, April 22, 2011

The woes of skinny


Being skinny is not as easy as it seems.

People envy, people look at you, you get to wear all the beautiful clothes.

Well, that's the positive side.

Bet you didn't know the other side of it.


...


Skinny #1 : People comment on your skinny-ness.


Look, if you're fat, no one will say it right in your face.

But if you're skinny, everyone says it in front of you.

Hello, it's equally upsetting okay


Skinny #2: You're mistaken as a model wannabe/diet-er


Once again, I'm born this way.

No I didn't try to look size 0 to look like those models on runway

Those people survive on smoking and drinks only.

Stop give me the disapproving look.

& I don't diet.

I do cut down on intake on days where I felt that I ate too much the day before.

How wrong is that?


Skinny#3 Clothes still have to be altered


Who told you skinny girls get to wear all the clothes

Ask skinny people whether they need to alter those bottoms due to waist size

Ask them do they wear elastic banded bottoms.


Skinny #4 Skinny people get bullied

Well, skinny people pays the same fare on transport when the area that we took up is smaller than others. We often get pushed around because others think that we are like the poles they are holding on to.


Part II: We pay for clothes with less cloth since it is XS but yet it is priced at the same price as XL size. We're disadvantaged when the cloth price is being absorbed by us. Seriously.


Skinny #6 Skinny people are also vulnerable/weak

Hello, I can carry stuff also.

Stop assuming that I'm so fragile.

If others can do it, why can't I?


....

Im sorry if I offended anyone esp when weight is a sensitive issue.

But being skinny isn't as good as what you think.

Really but grass is always greener at the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment